BROOKLYN MEDIA GROUP*, BROOKLYN, NY
- Managing Editor, Dec 2016 – Present
- Digital Editor-in-Chief, Oct 2015 – Present
- Full-time Staff Writer/Photographer, Jul 2013 – Present
- Editorial Intern, Jun 2012 – Aug 2012
* Brooklyn Media Group (BMG), a former entity of Schneps Communications, publishes the Home Reporter, Brooklyn Spectator and Spectator News. Schneps Communications also publishes the Queens Courier and Ridgewood Times, among others. It is also affiliated with Brokelyn and Brownstoner. BMG was acquired in May, 2018 by EBrooklyn Media, publishers of the Brooklyn Daily Eagle, Brooklyn Heights Press, and more.
Brooklyn Media Group: Publisher’s Award for Editorial Excellence (2014, 2015, 2017)
Merchants of Third Avenue 24th Annual Champagne Reception Civic Award Winner (2017)
New York Press Association Better Newspaper Contest: First Place, Spot News Coverage (2015)
Cancer Can’t Kill Love Benefit Concert* – Founder/Lead Organizer/Head of Social Media (Oct 2013 – Present), Panelist, Demonstrating Impact: Stewarding and Retaining Your Donors, MSKCC 2017 Donor Recognition Reception
* Cancer Can’t Kill Love is a grassroots effort, formed in memory of my parents, which hosts an annual benefit concert in support of cancer research. Since its inception, it has raised close to $70,000 for such groups as MSKCC and SU2C.
Proficient in WordPress, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Google Drive, Google Analytics, Adobe Acrobat, Quark and iMovie. Familiar with InDesign, Photoshop and Final Cut Pro. Former student of Gotham Writers Workshop.